Spicy Lentils with Peas & Potatoes Recipe
Here is a recipe for Spicy Lentils with Peas & Potatoes. This dish is high in protein and flavor. It is an easy and healthy vegetarian meal idea the whole family will love.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or you could use chicken stock)
- 15g butter
- 800 g (2 cans) of brown lentils, rinsed & drained
- 2 red chillies, seeded & chopped finely
- 100g baby spinach, shredded finely
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil and cook potato until browned lightly. Add onion, garlic & curry powder; cook stirring until onion softens.
- Add stock, butter, lentils, chilli, and half of the spinach; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until potato is tender (about 15 minutes)
- Stir in peas and remaining spinach; simmer uncovered until peas are hot. Season to taste & serve with quinoa and yogurt if you like.
Thanks Katherine for the recipe!