Quick Homemade Pesto
I love pesto. It is rich in immune boosting compounds, vitamins, minerals and essential fats. It also makes a delicious accompaniment to anything from fish to pasta to quinoa.
- 50g fresh basil leaves
- 45g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 240ml extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- With a hand blender, process the basil leaves, pine nuts and garlic to form a rough paste.
- Add the oil in a thin stream with the blender still running. This should make a thick paste.
- If it seems too dry, add a bit more oil.