Egg-fried Quinoa Recipe
- 150 g quinoa
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 medium eggs
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra to cook the eggs
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ or ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, shredded
- 1-2 tbsp tamari sauce
- Simmer the quinoa in the stock with the garlic clove for about 20 minutes, until it is cooked and the fluid is absorbed. Mash in the garlic.
- Scramble the eggs, using a little oil, in a non-stick pan.
- Blend the shallot, garlic and chilli powder in a blender.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a wok and cook this paste over a gentle heat for a few minutes.
- Add more oil and the onion and cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the lemon juice, carrot and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes until they soften.
- Stir in the spring onions, tamari sauce, quinoa and egg, cook until piping hot and serve.
Image : Simple Meal Plans