Gluten-free Seed Loaf Recipe
- 300g brown rice flour
- 20g soya flour
- 1 tbsp xantham gum
- 30g sesame seeds
- 15g poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp fast-action dried yeast
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 400ml hand-hot water
- Oil a 900g loaf tin or a 20cm round cake tin
- Mix the flours with the xantham gum, seeds, and salt in a food processor or in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Either run the machine until it forms a sticky dough, then run it for 1 minute to knead it, or mix everything with a wooden spoon or hand beater, beating well for 1 minute once combined.
- Transfer to the loaf tin and smooth the surface.
- Cover loosely with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place until the dough reaches the top of the tin – approx 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200 C. Remove the cling film and bake in the oven until risen, golden, and the base sounds hollow when the loaf is tipped out and tapped – approx 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
(You can use stone-ground gluten free flour instead of the brown rice and soya flours)