Squid in a Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 500g squid (ask your fishmonger to cut and clean it for you. It’s great to have a mixture of rings and tentacles)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 250g tomatoes, peeled and diced (alternatively use 250g baby rosa tomatoes whole)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, and a little lemon zest for added taste
- A handful of fresh basil
- Soften the onion in a little oil in a small pan then add the garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lemon juice and zest.
- Stir in the squid and pour in just enough water to cover it.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the squid is just cooked (but not rubbery).
- Stir in the basil.
- Serve on some brown rice with a fresh green salad with an olive oil and lemon juice dressing.